Job Announcement: Director of Development, Teton Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
Position location: Greater Teton Valley area, Idaho
Salary: Up to $28/hour, depending on experience
The Teton Wildlife Rehabilitation Center (TWRC) seeks an experienced Development Director to guide project management and lead a robust fundraising program. TWRC is a non-profit organization whose mission is to increase the chance of wildlife survival through rehabilitation and science-based public education. The ideal candidate will develop and implement strategic plans to raise funds for the organization and work with the Board to achieve the coming year‘s goals to build a rehabilitation facility and expand fundraising and outreach.
Job duties include overseeing and managing fundraising efforts, building strong and successful community relationships, maintaining communications with donors, grant writing, and collaborating with volunteers to effectively execute fundraising events:
- Pay bills, organize and manage the donor database.
- Communicate and coordinate with the General Contractor and other engineering professionals as we make progress on our facility.
- Manage and monitor the organization’s email account and general inquiries.
- Manage, reconcile and create quarterly budget, including expenditures, fund balances, and income needed to meet the expected goals and successfully manage the organization’s annual budget.
- Prepare and communicate quarterly budget reports to the Board.
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan for various projects.
- Raise funds through individual donor outreach, events, and grant development, writing and management.
- Write final reports for grants and other correspondence and reporting needs.
- Plan and execute fundraising events.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies that strengthen relationships with donors and result in consistent charitable-giving.
- Establish and manage charitable-gift registry to ensure acknowledgement, on-going communication, and continued cultivation of past and current donors and members in order to enhance individual relationships with TWRC and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
Outreach and Communications – 20%
- Serve as the public face of TWRC.
- Handle internal and external business communication.
- Develop and maintain website and social media accounts.
- Develop content that builds TWRC recognition and generates buzz about existing and new organizational developments.
- Create content that engages supporters and keeps donors and the public informed about organizational accomplishments.
- Communicate with donors and partner organizations and agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Past experience with nonprofit administration and development
- Passion for wildlife and conservation of the environment within the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
- Enjoys engaging with others discussing protection of wildlife and environmental conservation
- Effective written and oral communication
- Ability to telework and periodically visit TWRC property in Driggs, Idaho
- Participates in meetings with partners and donors in person, while following health ordinances and recommendations
- Working Conditions: Indoor and outdoor work is required; appropriate safety and preparation actions will be required according to OSHA regulations
- Must be fiscally responsible with finance decisions and involve and inform the Board as appropriate
- Must have strong time management and managerial skills, and be a critical thinker with systematic and strategic skills in executing organizational goals
- Ability to work independently and problem solve alone
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, general computer skills and common social media platforms
- Personal and professional conduct: Serve as a role model for the Board and staff
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and impartiality in character
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume or CV and three references (name, phone, email) to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
TWRC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.